Diatomeas is a mineral insecticide. It consists of fossilized microscopic unicellular seaweed that evolved over millions of years in shallow lake environments in beds of rivers and seas in very few parts of the world. Castalia Diatomeas is 100% pure diatomaceous earth that has not been chemically treated and contains no additives or biocides.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Diatomeas acts through contact against cold blooded pest insects. When the edges of its outer silica shell come into contact with the insect body, they perforate the keratin and the insect dies through dehydration.
Castalia Diatomeas serves a dual purpose in plants: it is health promoting and provides nutrients. Besides its insecticide effect, diatomeas earth, due to its high level of trace elements, provides an important wealth of minerals, making up shortfalls in demineralised farmland. It therefore has a complementary function as a foliar fertiliser.
Castalia Diatomeas is guaranteed by the prestigious Sohiscert certificate, which verifies its suitability for usein organic farming.
Another of diatomeas’ useful applications is to protect grains and seeds against fungi, viruses and bacteria, thereby improving germination after planting.
Because of its numerous benefits, its can also be used on animals. Diatomeas is the safest, most effective and economical way to combat external parasites like ticks or even mixed with food for intestinal parasites in pets.
- Crawling pest insects like ants, snails, slugs, cockroaches, ticks, moths etc.
Suitable for interior or exterior surfaces, soils, asphalt, pavement, etc. It is equally suitable for domestic use in kitchens, cupboards etc., without any toxicity or health hazard.
- Cold blooded pest insects on plants and crops, such as caterpillars, grubs, nematodes, aphids, fruit flies, lice...
Suitable for all types of plants and crops such as fruit, citrus, vegetables, both in greenhouses and outdoors, in organic or conventional farming.
For maximum effectiveness, apply dry. Sprinkle the product on the affected plants and the surrounding soil. It can also be applied diluted in water at a ratio of 1:100 and sprayed on the areas to be treated, carefully covering the entire plant.
It can be combined with other treatments.
- It is a 100% organic product, mineral, not chemically treated.
- It is not toxic to humans or animals. Ideal for public places and spaces or homes with children or pets, as it does not involve any health risk.
- It is suitable for application in kitchen floors, cupboards, wardrobes... or any part of the house without any risk of poisoning to cats, dogs, etc., even if it is ingested.
- The insects do not become resistant and immune to treatment over time, as in the case of chemical insecticides.
- It does not produce toxic residues in plants and fruits.
- It does not damage the flower, leaves or fruit.
- It has a zero security period
- Its nutrients have a fertiliser effect on plants and soil
- Its insecticide effects remain as a preventive
- It is biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
- It is a certified product, verified for use in organic farming
No customer reviews for the moment.